Thursday, June 26, 2014

#100HAPPYDAYS

#100HAPPYDAYS--This was one of the things that went viral on Facebook and other social media at the beginning of the year. The challenge was to post a picture of something that made you happy on that day and do this for 100 consecutive days. There was a lot of backlash against this challenge saying that its impossible for someone to be happy for 100 days. 

But this is what I thought of it- I don't have to be happy all the time, but I was quite sure, I would be happy even if it was for a minute in that day. So I began the challenge on 8th Jan 2014. Initially I found the challenge overwhelming- It was like I had to be on an alert for when I felt happy and snap a picture at that moment. After two weeks it just felt normal- a part of my routine.

When I was doing this challenge, I was suffering from depression. But this challenge helped me overcome my issues as I realized I have an extremely privileged life. That each day of my life is interesting despite the challenges I had to face. 

I thought people will be annoyed with me for posting a picture everyday and spamming their newsfeed. I was scared that I would be judged as a show-off. What I did not expect was the kindness and encouragement I received, from my friends. This helped me over come my fear of being judged and I stopped being cynical about people's attitudes. 

I am very glad I did this challenge. It made me realize how awesome my life is and how thankful I should be for what I have. It made me a positive person and gave me the courage to face things.

To quote from Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes- ' The world is a magical place Hobbes ol' buddy. Let's go exploring' -- This is how I feel about my life right now.


A collage of all the pictures taken during this challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment